Knepp Wildland Shop Hygiene Policy & Extra Procedures for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Last updated on May 15th 2020
While COVID-19 (Coronavirus) remains a threat we have additional procedures and practices in place in order to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible. We will continually revise these procedures according to advice from government.
We will do all we can to remain open so we can provide a service for our local community but in order to do so we need to rely on customers to observe the restrictions and remain aware and considerate at all times.
We have always prided ourselves on our standards of cleanliness and hygiene and have a 5-star food hygiene standard rating in our shop. These are the additional steps we are now taking to minimise contamination risks to our customers and staff:
What we will do:
- Increase signage to encourage social distancing in the car park and at the entrance
- Provide hand sanitiser at the entrance to the shop
- Restrict entry to the shop to one customer at a time
- Indicate with marks on the floor where customers may stand for safe distancing
- Restrict handling of products pre-purchase to our staff
- Use contactless payments where possible
- Ensure a daily ‘deep clean’ of the shop
- Regularly disinfect touch points such as door handles, till screens, taps, shop shelves and other high traffic areas
- Require all staff to wash their hands every 15 minutes
- Require all staff to follow the guidance issued by health organisations with regards to self-isolation in the event of any symptoms
We are monitoring the situation and are fully prepared to react to any confirmed cases.
What you can do:
- Ensure you maintain a distance of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from anyone you are not already in contact with. This may mean staying in your car in the car park while others are getting in and out of their cars.
- If there is a queue for the shop, remain 2 metres apart from others in the queue
- Use the hand sanitiser provided before entering the shop
- If you happen to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hand
- Try to be as decisive and efficient as possible when selecting your purchases
- Use contactless payment for your purchases
- Be vigilant and aware as you leave the shop and re-enter the car park to ensure you remain a safe distance away from others
- Please be patient with these restrictions – we’d love to stay open and to keep serving you but can only do so with your full co-operation